Taylor County Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, service-oriented Library Director to provide leadership and oversee library operations.
Library Director Position Description
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for daily operation of the library.
- Suggest and implement plans for extending and upgrading library services in programming, public relations, material selection, staffing, in-service training, and other applicable areas.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate library staff.
- Recommend needed policies to the board and implement policies adopted by the board.
- Attend all board and committee meetings except those in which the director’s salary is discussed.
- Prepare regular reports to submit to the board concerning the library’s current circumstances, progress, and needs.
- Prepare the library’s annual budget for the board’s consideration.
- Represent the library to government officials and community members.
- Possess a thorough understanding of library principles and procedures, supervisory skills, and the ability to communicate well with staff and the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- $37,000 - $47,000 commensurate with education, experience, and certification.
- Health Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
Education and Experience:
- Master’s in Library/Information Science (MLS) preferred; Bachelor’s required with ability to obtain a Professional Library Certification within 5 years.
- Ideal candidate will possess 3-5 years of progressively responsible public library experience.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter and current resume along with the names, addresses, and daytime phone numbers of 3 professional references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8:00 am, September 8, 2023
Interviews, in person or via Zoom, will be conducted Monday, September 11, 2023.