Children’s Programming Librarian
The Children’s Programming Librarian position is under the general supervision of the library director. This position requires a high level of organizational and communicative skills both in-person and online. The Children’s Programming Librarian designs, leads, and evaluates children’s programs to address community needs and incorporate library resources. The Children’s Services Librarian works closely with community partners, such as local school systems and other agencies to design and deliver quality programming. Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Uses ILS Atriuum to check in and out library materials and assist with card catalog searches
- Answers the phone
- Assists with curbside service
- Maintains common areas to include shelving, shelf-reading, straightening, and decorating
- Floats between the circulation desk or other areas in the library that require assistance
Qualifications & Benefits:
- Bachelor Degree
- Full-time salary, 40 hours per week
- Ability to obtain necessary certification
- Health and PTO benefits
Click here to submit an application for employment online! A paper application can also be obtained from the library's front circulation desk. Applications are kept on file for one year.
Supplementary documents may be emailed to Library Director Cherita Barlow at email@example.com. For more information, contact Cherita Barlow at the aforementioned email or by calling the library at (270) 465-2562.