Friends of the Library
In appreciation of the role Taylor County Public Library plays in the quality of life in this community, the Friends of the Library provide assistance to the library. This is accomplished through fundraising
endeavors and volunteer service. The Friends group functions consistently with the goals and objectives of the Taylor County Public Library and its Board of Trustees.
Role of the Friends of the Library
- Foster public awareness and appreciation of the Taylor County Public Library
- Raise funds for materials and programs the library recognizes as needs that are not included in the library operating budget
- Support special programs and projects by volunteering time or shared talents
- Communicate with public officials to show support for the library
- Attend Library Legislative Day in Frankfort during the legislative session
- Encourage gifts, endowments, and bequests to the library
- Meet monthly to discuss business and plan activities; currently meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 5:30 PM
Interested in learning more about the Friends group? Email us at email@example.com. We meet the first Tuesday of each month at TCPL at 5:30 PM.